Your Creative Companion.
Welcome to your weekly guide to free creative resources.
What are the best free image editors ?
I have broken this into two sections:
(1) Image optimisation
(2) Image Layout/visual templates.
So you have your images collected using the links from our first post.
Now you are visualising the perfect layout on your website, blog or social media post, but you are encountering the following issue:
- Images are too large - over 1MB, many photos from Unsplash and Pixabay etc are beautifully big but take way too much time to load on your site due to their size. This results in angry readers gazing at a loading circle or gradually appearing photo
Worry not here are the best image optimizer's to reduce the size significantly and still retain their high quality look.
- Compressor.io: Optimize and compress your images online.
- Kraken: Optimize your images & accelerate your websites.
- ImageOptimizer: Resize, compress and optimize your image files.
- ImageOptim: Makes images take up less disk space & load faster.
- TinyJPG | Compress images.
- Social Image Resizer Tool: Create optimized images for social media
Create visual marketing masterpieces.
The following links are my favourite visual marketing tools - I regularly use these resources to quickly put together effective social media posts, ads, fliers, blog headers you name it!
- Canva: Amazingly simple graphic design templates for bloggers.
- Pixlr: Pixlr Editor is a robust browser photo editor.
- Easel.ly: Empowers anyone to create & share infographics.
- Placeit: Free product mockups & demo videos.
- Recite: Turn a quote into a visual masterpiece.
- Meme Generator: The first online meme generator.